So this is a follow-up to my post, The Beauty of “Weird”.
Here are some weird and/or random facts about me.
- I don’t like hair…when it’s not attached to people.
- When I think of or hear someone talk about sour cream, my teeth get the feeling that you get when someone scrapes their fingernails on a chalkboard. You know that sound when the last of the sour cream is scraped out of the plastic container with a spoon? (Agh, just watching this GIF is incredibly painful! MY TEETH HURT!)
- For the life of me, I still can’t figure out what color my eyes are. They seem to be a mix of blue, green, gray, and caramel brown? Like blue-gray-hazel? They also change color, but I haven’t discovered a pattern for the color changes yet (except that they turn a light blue/green when I’m crying). (Granted, these were probably taken or modified with various lighting and shading.) (Are you getting freaked out by all the eyes??? 😜)
- I communicate best in writing.
- I hate labels. But that doesn’t stop me from obsessing over them and learning everything I can about them (and…catching myself applying them…😔).
- My perspective on attractiveness (well, maybe 50-55% of my perspective): Knowledge is sexy. Intelligence is sexier. Wisdom is sexiest.
- The first thing I typically notice about you is your personality.
- When I scrape the wax out of my ears, I bring my fingers to my nose and smell it. (I avoid exhibiting this “entertainment” in public, though.)
- I have never been fashion-forward. In fact, I’ve been fashion-awkward much of my life. At best, I’ve managed to put together a few “classic” or color-coordinated outfits. But I can appreciate fashion in others.
- When I bake, I frequently don’t measure anything. And I throw random ingredients together. (Okay, there is a method to my madness…usually.)
- I at least twice contemplated enlisting in various branches of the military, but do not regret opting against that. (I’m grateful to all who have chosen to serve, though.)
- I LOVE bunny rabbits. My family likes to shoot them when they’re present “in excess” on the property, and that just crushes my soul.😢
- I am a germophobe. I see and feel germs.
- I talk to my smartphone. (You know, to tell the NSA “Hello there! I KNOW YOU’RE WATCHING ME!!”)
- I don’t really know what my own face looks like, unless I’m facing the mirror or viewing a picture of myself. Otherwise, I find my image difficult to recall. I can often visualize the details of others’ faces though.
- I’m a Twenty One Pilots fan. (Because, who isn’t?) If you’re not, I shall consider granting you forgiveness. 😜
- I notice mispeled words poor punctuation, bad grammar.
- When I hug or massage you, I feel like a USB drive that’s downloading all your information. I can feel your mood, your personality, and sometimes where your body is hurting. It’s overwhelming. (I still generally love hugs and enjoy giving massages though.)
- When I ask, “How are you?”, I am genuinely, curiously asking a question. I’m prepared to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, if you need to share it.
So…yeah. That’s a small glimpse into my freakarious mind.
Thanks for reading about my quirks ‘n’ other crap! 🙂
Till next time, my lovelies. ❤
© 2017 Kate Richardson All Rights Reserved.